After the photos, there are many other ways to ensure that all that happiness from your special day, is wrapped up safely to revisit whenever you need. Create a memory box. Make a treasure trove of all those little bits and pieces which the less sentimental might cast in a bin.
If you're feeling creative, you could cover a box in a fabric remnant from your dress, or your bridesmaids', and trim it with a ribbon and vingtage style brooch. Put in anything evocative or which might make you smile (or raise an eyebrow) in a few years' time, such as:
An invitation to your wedding
- Letters or reply cards or even thank you cards
- Wedding cards and gift labels
- Your pre-wedding "To Do" list
- A champagne or wine bottle label
- Your written wedding vows (and His)
- A wedding favour
- Ribbons from flowers or decorations
- CD of the music played at your wedding ceremony, or for your first dance
You can also ask your guests to write messages:
- Put pile of small cards on each table, with a pen and a box to put them in once messages have been written.
- Get a book which can be disassembled (or make one with card, paper and ribbon, take the pages out, put one or two on each table for signing, and reassemble later.)
Whatever you decide to keep, you will treasure in years to come.